An official website of Arlington County Government

How to Get 2010 Tax Forms

This year, the IRS joins the State of Virginia in no longer automatically mailing out paper tax forms to individuals. The Library will also not stock hard copy forms as we have in the past.

So how do you get 2010 tax forms?

  • Print them from the internet – Find links to downloadable Virginia and Federal tax forms
  • Photocopy -  Basic 2010 tax forms will be available to copy at all Library locations, for $0.15 / page
  • Order Federal forms from the IRS – Call the IRS at 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) to order the Federal forms and instructions you need (Only after January 10, 2011)
  • Order Virginia State forms – Call the Virginia State tax office at 1-804-440-2541 or submit a request online for State forms and instructions

Find more 2010 Tax Resources, including a link to Free Tax Help in Arlington, in our Taxes Topic Guide.

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    This post is written as if it's the IRS doing this- not be able sounds like you can't, while the IRS has recently been mailing out postcards directing people needing paper forms to libraries. You may not want to offer them because of money or other reasons, but own up to your choice.

  2. The Librarians says:

    Anonymous,You are correct – a staff miscommunication led to our poor choice of words in the original post. We've changed the first paragraph to reflect that it is the Library's choice to not stock tax forms this year. Unfortunately, the IRS mailed out those postcards after we made our decision.We made this decision based on staff work load and how much time we spent ordering and organizing tax forms in past years. In addition, the online availability of tax forms and filing has led to decreasing demand for the paper forms in recent years, and an increasing number of unused forms left over at the end of the year. Given this trend, we believe that it is 'greener' and more practical for us to help patrons get forms on an as-needed basis.Patrons who need free forms can still order them directly from the IRS, using the phone number listed above.

Leave a Reply

We love to know what you think about our news and events. We read all comments, and post a selection of them here on the blog.

We do ask that comments stay on topic - for more guidelines on what we consider appropriate feedback, see our comment policy. If you have concerns or urgent questions that require a response, please email the Library.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.