Westover Branch Library Openings:
- Teen Open Art Studio Assistant (one opening)
Mondays, July 6 – August 6 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Set up and clean up, help teens with art projects, take photos and videos of the program.
- Storytime Craft Assistant (one opening)
Fridays, July 13 – August 10 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Must be available all five Fridays)
Help make craft time run smoothly! Set up materials, help children with activities, and help clean up.
- Storytime Craft Prep Assistant (one opening)
Must be available to volunteer one hour per week for five weeks (July 2 – August 3). Day and time negotiable.
Prepare craft materials. May include cutting, gluing, and sorting materials into individual packets.
- Summer Reading Sign-Up Assistant (multiple openings)
June – August. Two hour shifts, once a week. 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Sign kids up for summer reading on the library laptop, explain how the program works, give kids all the materials
they need, prepare packets, and other duties as assigned.
- Teen Display King or Queen (two openings)
Volunteer one hour per week for one month. Choose July or August. Come in once a month to set up a new display in the teen area. You pick the theme, use the catalog to find teen books that fit the theme, and create a sign to highlight the display.
Requirements to apply:
- Teen volunteers must be Arlington middle or high school students and/or an Arlington resident
- Submit an online application by May 31.
Leave a Reply