Work including complete replacement of heating and air-conditioning ducts and ceiling tiles means the library must be kept sealed for construction with no access to building or collection for public and staff.
The Library is taking a number of steps to reduce, as much as possible, inconveniences related to the branch closure:
- Beginning April 24, all non-DVD items checked out from Columbia Pike will, as a courtesy, be due back on June 13
- Beginning May 8, all DVDs checked out from Columbia Pike will, as a courtesy, be due back on June 13
- Holds will continue to be processed at Columbia Pike until May 4 at 5 p.m.
- After May 4, holds for Columbia Pike will be processed and made available on the Central Library holds shelves
- Holds can be designated for delivery to any public library location in Arlington
- An external book drop will be maintained outside Columbia Pike and materials will be checked in regularly
- All Arlington Public Library locations accept returns from any site in the system
The Library appreciates the patience and understanding Columbia Pike users have shown during the ongoing work on the Career Center.
A new heating/cooling system, new windows and new doors combined with the recently installed new carpeting, reconfigured service desks and cozy redone storytime room will make using the branch an even better experience than before.