Have you ever wanted to write a novel?
Think you can write 50,000 words (approximately 175 pages) in 30 days or less?
This November is your chance to try! Sign up for NANOWRIMO and join aspiring authors all over the world in NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth.
NANOWRIMO began in 1999 as a small group of writers who decided to motivate each other by setting an artificially imposed deadline. After finding personal success and having loads of fun, they decided to share their idea with the world, and now hundreds of thousands of people participate every year.
Want to Participate? It’s easy, and free:
- Go to the NANMOWRIMO website to create an account
- Post your drafts throughout November
- Track your score (how close you are to 50,000 words)
- Submit your final draft on November 30
- Everyone who reaches the 50,000 word goal is a winner!
How can the Library help you meet your NANOWRIMO goal?
- NANOMWRIMO Events - Including age-appropriate Write Ins, Tech Talk for Writers, and teen-specific Writers Panel and Writers Cafe.
- Writing Fiction Resource Guide – Find help with your writing – online, in print and around the community.