Improvements for Even Better Convenience and Service
This year’s Central Library renovation project is shifting to more public parts of the building and we want to give you an update as to what to expect.
- Children’s area/Young Adult area: Unaffected by the project
- The Quiet Study Room: Closed since January, is now reopened to the public
- [UPDATED MAY 22] Central’s DVD and CD collections: Have moved to the second floor to be adjacent to books
- [UPDATED MAY 22] Central Library’s parking garage: Open following maintenance work
- [UPDATED MAY 28] The Virginia Room: Reopened with a new name following renovations
- The Digital Projects Lab: Reopens late summer/early fall in a customized new home adjacent to the Virginia Room space
Beginning the week of May 20, the second floor book stacks will be moved and rearranged while allowing for new structural maintenance and carpeting installation.
Central Library will remain open and operating during this process of three to six weeks, but please be aware:
- Seating/desk availability will be limited as collections and furniture are relocated
- Materials may be temporarily inaccessible to the public but can be retrieved with staff assistance
- Delivery of materials placed on hold may be briefly delayed
- Books (except Hot Picks titles), CDs and DVDs from the Central Library collection only and checked out or renewed beginning May 6 through at least June 3 will be due back on June 24
Thanks for continuing to “pardon our dust” as this project moves forward. As always, don’t hesitate to ask Library staff and volunteers for assistance.
With Central Library even busier than usual this spring and summer, it might be a good time for Library users to “branch out” for some elbow room and a change of scenery – allow us to suggest seven great options.
Learn more about 2013 Renovations at Central Library.