Summer Session: July 8 – August 9, 2013
Our age appropriate storytimes are designed to help you to help your child learn reading readiness, or Early Literacy.
No registration required; attendance is first-come, first-served until seating capacity is reached. Call 703-228-5946 for more information.
Summer Stories (all ages)
- Aurora Hills Branch Library – Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
- Central Library – Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m.
- Cherrydale Branch Library – Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
- Columbia Pike Branch Library* – Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. (*ends Saturday August 3)
- Glencarlyn Branch Library - Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
- Shirlington Branch Library - Mondays, 10:30 a.m.
- Shirlington Branch Library – Mondays, 11:15 a.m.
- Shirlington Branch Library – Mondays, 12:00 p.m.
- Westover Branch Library – Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m.
Under Twos (0-24 months)
This drop-in program is for children 24 months and under and accompanying adults. Singing, dancing, clapping to nursery rhymes and simple stories will introduce young children to the joys of language and literature. We encourage full and active participation of the accompanying adults.
- Central Library – Fridays, 10:30 a.m.
- Central Library – Fridays, 11:15 a.m.
- Glencarlyn Branch Library – Mondays, 10:30 a.m.
- Westover Branch Library – Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.
Over Twos (25 months – 5 years)
This drop-in program is for children 25 months and over and accompanying adults. Read-aloud techniques, songs, fingerplays, puppets, and flannel board tales will introduce children to listening skills, picture books, the library, and the joy of reading. We encourage full and active participation of the accompanying adults.