The Arlington Food Assistance Center, or AFAC, experiences the highest number of family visits to its food pantry during the months of November and December.
So we encourage you to contribute to their Holiday Food Drive when you visit the Library this month, especially if you plan to stop in on Election Day.
These Library locations have food donation bins:
- Aurora Hills Branch Library – Donation boxes are usually located in the lobby.
- Cherrydale Branch Library
- Plaza Branch Library – Headed to 2100 Clarendon Blvd for absentee voting? Bring a canned good to donate!
- Shirlington Branch Library
- Westover Branch Library
AFAC accepts most unopened, unexpired, and unprepared foods, including perishable items, and is most in need of the following Heart Healthy items:
- Low sodium tomato products (diced, paste, & sauce)
- Low sodium canned tuna
- Low sodium canned beans
- Low sodium canned soup
- Low sugar cereal
- Cooking oil in plastic bottles
The Library partners regularly with AFAC on garden and education programs. Learn more about the Arlington Food Assistance Center.