An official website of Arlington County Government

Tax Forms and Tax Help

Happy New Year, Time to Do Your Taxes….

Tax Forms sliderOnce again this year, no paper tax forms or instruction booklets will be available at the Library. 

So where do you get your tax forms?


Federal Tax Forms [due April 15]

Need Help? Contact your local Virginia IRS office to get face-to-face tax help.


Virginia State Tax Forms [due May 1]

Need Help? Contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s office – staff assists Arlington residents in filing their Virginia estimated and annual income tax returns. Call 703-228-3055 or visit the office at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 210 to request assistance.


Free Tax Help at the Library

Trained AARP tax preparation volunteers will be at Central Library and the Columbia Pike Branch Library from February until mid April to help people with low or moderate income:

  • Spanish speaking volunteers are available at both locations.
  • Assistance is primarily on a first come, first serve basis.
  • Appointments are available at Central Library by calling 703-829-6192.

See the Library calendar for dates, times, and the list of necessary documents.


Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. eileen bradley says:

    Re: above information: Federal Income Tax returns for 2016 are due on Monday, April 18, 2017 not the traditional due date of April 15. See web site.

Leave a Reply

We love to know what you think about our news and events. We read all comments, and post a selection of them here on the blog.

We do ask that comments stay on topic - for more guidelines on what we consider appropriate feedback, see our comment policy. If you have concerns or urgent questions that require a response, please email the Library.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.