Looking to do something different this year?
We have a variety of new programs for 2017 – from writing fiction, to discussing books in the middle of the day, to jamming on that ukulele that’s been gathering dust in the back of your closet:
- Join this informal group of writers once a week for communal writing, cheerleading and support with writing fiction.
- Next meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 18 at The Connection: Crystal City. See calendar for future dates.
- Try, learn, practice, share, and teach each other at this low key jam session. We will have a limited amount of ukuleles to borrow, so bring your own instrument if you can. For adult ukulele lovers (teens in grade 6 and up are also welcome),
- First meeting: Wednesday, Feb. 1 at Westover Branch Library. Registration required.
- Do you enjoying reading about business strategy, leadership and management ideas? Share a business book that has had real world application for you.
- First meeting: Saturday, Jan. 28 at Central Library. RSVP for event reminder.
- Looking for something to do on Wednesday afternoons? Cherrydale’s new monthly book club promises stimulating conversation plus coffee and tea!
- First meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 25 at Cherrydale Branch Library
- Yoga is known for relaxing and calming the body. But did you know that it also helps with weight reduction, improves respiration and benefits your overall health?
- First meeting: Thursday, Feb. 16 at Shirlington Branch Library; registration required for each weekly session.