Arlington Public Library makes large meeting rooms available for public use for open discussion and exchange of information and ideas. The Library reviews this policy annually and reserves the right to change it anytime.
- Rooms are made available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
- Staff at Aurora Hills and Shirlington reserve the right to open rooms for multi-use if minimum capacity is not met
- Allowing a group to meet in the Library does not constitute the Library’s endorsement of the group’s policies, beliefs or practices. Advertisements or announcements by any group implying such endorsement are not permitted.
- Some restrictions regarding time, place, and manner of presentation may apply.
- Programs offered in the Library’s meeting rooms must be open to the public and free of charge. Before and during a program, no fees of any kind may be charged, and selling or sales promotions are prohibited with the exception of sales by The Friends of the Arlington Public Library. Only Library or Library-sponsored groups/individuals, with prior approval, may charge a fee or sell a product.
- There is no fee for the use of the library’s meeting rooms.
- Please note and observe the Library’s photographing policy.
Any exception to this policy must be approved in advance by the Library administration.
- An application form for the site must be completed and approved by authorized Library staff at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Large meeting rooms may be reserved up to two months in advance, on a first-come, first-served basis, except when the space is needed as a polling place. Each group may use the meeting rooms no more than four times within a 12-month period.
- All publicity is the responsibility of groups using the meeting rooms and must clearly identify the sponsoring organization. The location of the Library may be publicized but the Library telephone number may not be placed on publicity.
- Large meeting rooms should be scheduled for use during regular Library hours and be vacated 30 minutes before closing time. Please note branch hours differ from Central Library hours. Any after-hour use request must be approved by the Library administration.
- Groups using the library’s meeting rooms are responsible for room setup, including arrangement of tables and chairs. Library staff will assist with setup of library-provided audio visual equipment requested at the time of application (where available).
- Persons presenting and attending public programs in the library are subject to Rules Governing the Use of the Library.
- Refreshments may be served in the meeting rooms, provided proper care is given to clean-up after the meeting. Alcoholic beverages may not be served or consumed on Library property.
- The Library does not assume responsibility for any private property brought into the Library.
- Groups must leave meeting rooms clean and neat. Failure to do so will result in loss of meeting room privileges.
- Repair or replacement costs due to damage of Library facilities, furnishings and equipment will be charged to the program sponsor. Arlington County will be the sole determiner of who does repair to County property.