|When:||Back to Calendar May 14, 2013 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Repeats:||Weekly on Tuesday and Thursday until July 17, 2013|
|Excluding:||July 4, 2013||Where:||Cherrydale Branch Library
2190 North Military Road
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Cost:||Free but registration required|
Cherrydale Branch Library and DC Road Runners partner this spring in the name of fitness and the physical and mental preparation needed to run a 5K.
If you’re a healthy adult looking to slowly build from walking to running a 5K, this program has what it takes to get you ready in just 9 weeks! The goal is participation in the DC Road Runners 2013 Bluemont 5K, which takes place July 17.
Taking part in “Reading and Running” costs nothing and includes:
- Group walks/runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. beginning May 14 at the Cherrydale Branch Library
- Complete training plan and tips from Road Runners Club of America certified coaches
- Seminars and discussions on nutrition and physical activity
- Inspirational reading list and book discussion
- Families welcome!
- Motivation and camaraderie found only in a training group!
Register online for Reading and Running at DC Road Runners.
For more information, call 703-228-6330 or stop by the Cherrydale Branch Library. Please check with a doctor before starting any physical activity.
NOTE: “Reading and Running” program does not include registration and fee for the 5K race. Click to register for the race.