Summer Reading is a fun for everyone!
Summer Reading helps kids and teens avoid "summer slide," and reintroduces them to the joy of reading for pleasure. It gives parents and kids an excuse to read or listen to books together, and it gives adults a reason to explore new books and authors.
How Summer Reading Works
- Register Online - Children 12 and under register with a parent or guardian’s permission.
- Track your reading - Use the online Summer Reading site or your printed reading log.
- Claim fun prizes
- Get optional weekly book recs (for kids age 0-12).
- Kick-Off - Saturday, June 3
- Last Day to Sign Up - Saturday, Aug. 19
- End of Summer Ice Cream Party (grade 6-12) - Wednesday, Aug. 16
- Summer Reading Ends (Last Day to Pick Up Prizes) - Sunday, Sept. 10