The Plaza Branch Library has recently added the PBS educational DVDs Going to Green to our collection. This series was developed as a teaching tool based on a high school curriculum written by Joe D’Agnese and Denise Kiernan,.in partnership with the Media and Policy Center.
The 20 episodes are collected into 5 volumes:
- Vol. 1 Towards a more sustainable community (includes Measuring the Effects of Community)
- Vol. 2 Elements of sustainability (includes Waterways, Biodiversity and Geographical Boundaries)
- Vol. 3 Balancing green space with the built environment (includes The Millennium Park Bike Station and The Little Train That Didn’t)
- Vol. 4 Implementing urban greening (includes Quality of Life and Business Success)
- Vol. 5 Public policy and green collar opportunities (includes What Makes A City Great)
This series is also available at the Central Library.