Want more privacy options in your Library account?
With our new catalog and accounts system, you get more security for your account. Here are two examples:
Create a personal username in your online account:
- Your username will be your alias on hold slips
- You will log into your account with your username and your PIN (Personal Identification Number)*
- This option creates a bit of extra privacy for your account, which some of our customers have requested.
If you don’t choose a username:
- Your real name will continue to appear on your hold slips
- You will log into your account using your library card number and a PIN (Personal Identification Number)*
As an upgrade in account security, each Library user will create a 4-digit PIN code, as their new account password.
- You’ll set up your PIN the first time you use your account.
- You’ll be able to change your PIN code any time you want
- Library staff won’t know what it is
Specific instructions will be available once the new system is up and running, and staff will be on hand to assist you in getting started.
Want to know more about your privacy at the Library?