Do you have your account PIN yet?
** UPDATED 2/23/11 **
Now that the new system has been up for about a week, we’ve had time to fix some of the issues that are inevitable with a project of this scope:
- Emailed holds notices have resumed – you can also find holds updates in your account.
- Catalog stations are working again at all Library locations.
- We’ve had to suspend temporarily the catalog’s preview offerings from Google Books because of a software conflict.
** Thanks for your continued patience and your comments in our survey.**
It’s here: Your new Arlington Public Library catalog and account system.
Take a look around, visit your account and try a search or two. You’ll see the new system provides what you need faster and easier than before.
Ready for you to use now–
- Your Lists – You can start saving your checkout history and rating favorites.
- Mobile – Explore the catalog system on your mobile device at http://m.libsys.arlingtonva.us/
- Holds – The holds system is back and pick-up notices will go out soon.
- Self Checkout – Fast and convenient, and now at every Arlington Public Library location.
- New Catalog Demonstration – Get a guided tour of the new catalog at our “Meet the New Catalog” sessions on Wednesday, Feb. 23, 7 p.m. and Thursday, Feb. 24, 2 p.m., in Central Auditorium.
A few things to help you navigate the new system —
- Create your PIN – You’ll be asked to create a four-digit PIN (Private Information Number) code for your account the first time you use it. This will give added security to your account, lists and reading history.
- Log Out (NEW) – Remember to log out of your account after using a public machine.
- Bookmarking for Updates and News – We suggest bookmarking the Library home page instead of specific catalog pages so as not to miss late-breaking news and events.
- Usernames, Online Payments and Text Message Hold Notification – These systems are still being tested, and will be rolled out over the next few days.
- Telephone Hold Notifications – The Library’s automated telephone notification system for holds is temporarily unavailable. In the meantime, if you normally receive such phone messages, please call Circulation at 703-228-5940 or your branch for updates on your holds or to get notifications by email. You can also switch to emails through your account online.
Tell us what you think – Fill out this short survey after you’ve used the new Catalog.
We want to thank all of our users for your patience during the recent transition, and we hope you enjoy this upgrade in technology. Keep up with all our updates by following us on our news blog, Twitter and (our new page on) Facebook.