With the new library catalog & account system in place, we want to make sure we have your account information up-to-date in case we need to contact you. You will also need a four-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use your account.
Why does every account need a four-digit PIN?
- PINS are required for personal account and self-check access in the new catalog system
- PINS provide an additional level of security for a patron’s private account information – Even Library staff do not have access to your specific PIN
- PINs can be set online
- PINS can be set at self checkout machines in the Library – Staff members are available at all Service desks to help
- Patrons can elect of keep their PIN as long as they choose, or reset their PIN as often as they choose
- An immediate email message confirms that a PIN has been reset, to protect authorized account access
- Go to https://libsys.arlingtonva.us/patroninfo
- Click on “Need a PIN?”
- Enter Your Library Card Number
- Follow the instructions in the email message sent to the email address we have on record for you
Please note that “2020” are the first four digits of every Library account number, including those older accounts that don’t have “2020” printed as part of the card number.
More about your Library account:
- Check your contact info – Once you’re in your account, take a look in the upper left corner to make sure your address and telephone number are correct.
- Need to change your phone number? Click on the lefthand link that says “Change My Info.”
- We strongly encourage you to sign up for emailed notices from the Library. Our telephone notification system is down temporarily but it is also limited to holds pick-up calls. Email notification includes holds notices and courtesy reminders of due dates and overdue notices. To register for email notification, click on “Change My Info.”