Like those older homes featured on HGTV, a library catalog can also benefit from an occasional renovation.
Nothing extreme. Just something that pumps up the overall user experience, keeps everything up to code and adds that visual “curb appeal” – the kind that says “Welcome!” and, “stay awhile…”
- Browse materials by literally judging them by their cover.
- Find the print, ebook, and audio version of a book grouped together under one record.
- Place holds and get to downloadables with fewer clicks.
- More quickly identify where an item is located within the Library system.
- Easily manage your checked out items and holds on your new streamlined accounts page
- Get recommendations based on what you’ve liked in the past.
And unlike a lot of fixer-uppers, this one didn’t require truckloads of resources.
Instead of buying expensive software from a traditional vendor, we’ve joined forces with other libraries across the country to build on an open-source system kept fresh by the Marmot Library Network. The look and feel of this catalog is already a hit with folks in Nashville, Tenn., Raleigh, N.C. and Boulder, Colo. We all share the same goal: to work better, faster and cheaper to provide the best system possible.
Learn Tips and Tricks for getting the most out of your new catalog.
Please let us know what you think.