Happy New Year, Time to Do Your Taxes….
Once again this year, no paper tax forms or instruction booklets will be available at the Library.
So where do you get your tax forms?
Federal Tax Forms [due April 15]
- Download and Print Federal tax forms from the IRS website – Forms can be printed from public computers at any Library location, for $.15/page.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) to order Federal forms and instructions, to be sent to your address.
Virginia State Tax Forms [due May 1]
- Download and Print Virginia tax forms from the State website – Forms can be printed from public computers at any Library location, for $.15/page.
- Call the State of Virgnia at 1-804-440-2541 to request state tax forms
Need Help? Contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s office – staff assists Arlington residents in filing their Virginia estimated and annual income tax returns. Call 703-228-3055 or visit the office at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 210 to request assistance.
Free Tax Help at the Library
Trained AARP tax preparation volunteers will be at Central Library and the Columbia Pike Branch Library from February until mid April to help people with low or moderate income:
- Spanish speaking volunteers are available at both locations.
- Assistance is primarily on a first come, first serve basis.
- Appointments are available at Central Library by calling 703-829-6192.
See the Library calendar for dates, times, and the list of necessary documents.