In an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), Arlington Public Library has closed all locations as of March 17, 2020, at 9 p.m.
We made this decision to support the overall health and wellness of our community and for the safety of our patrons and staff.
- All fines and due dates for physical items are suspended until further notice.
- All book drops are closed at this time.
- Please keep library items at home until we can resume Library operations.
- The Friends of the Arlington Public Library are unable to accept donations at any Library location until further notice.
- Holds on physical items have been disabled in the catalog and Library App until further notice.
- Holds are available on items in the eCollection.
- Note: OverDrive holds no longer check out automatically. When you receive a notification that your hold is available, go to your Overdrive account Holds page to borrow the item.
- The expiration date for all existing regular and internet only cards has been extended to October 1, 2020.
- If you are having trouble with your library card, contact the librarians through Chat or Text.
- Available 24/7 with your library card.
Stay in touch with us
This was a difficult decision, as we care deeply about serving the public. Closing the Library to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 is the responsible thing to do, and the best way to serve our patrons - many of whom are at high risk.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.