As of Wednesday, June 10 at 11:30 a.m., our Library System update is still in progress. In the meantime, you should be able to access your eAccount and eHolds directly in Overdrive and RBdigital. Stay tuned for more info later today, and thank you for your patience.
The email sent to all patrons on Wednesday, June 3, contained incorrect information. It stated that the upgrade would start on June 4, instead of June 3.
The Library system upgrade, which affects all Library patron accounts, will begin at close of business on Wednesday, June 3.
What does this mean for your Library account?
- Fine payment is now unavailable. Please note: Overdue fines are not accruing on materials checked out during the Library closure.
- The system upgrade will begin the evening of Wednesday, June 3. Patron accounts will be placed in view-only mode.
- On June 8 and 9, the Library catalog and app will also be placed in view-only mode and may at times be completely unavailable.
- Throughout the system upgrade, brief interruptions to other online Library services are possible. Any service that requires your library card number for access may be affected, including the eCollection and databases. These interruptions are expected to be intermittent but brief.
- The upgrades are scheduled to be completed by June 15.
All library facilities and bookdrops remain closed at this time. Overdue fines are not accruing on materials currently checked out. Please see the Library Service News and Updates page for more information on plans to re-open select services in mid-June.
Stay tuned for more news about the system upgrade and how these changes will affect your Library account.
Questions? Contact us by phone or through Online Chat and Text.
Thank you for your continued patience and support,
Arlington Public Library