You’ve been busy since our last report! Since June 15, over 56,000 print books and other library materials have been checked out or renewed, over 67,000 physical holds have been placed, and 163,000 items have been returned at all seven Library locations.
Five Things to Make Your Holds Pickup Easier
- It’s hot out there! We’ve added a 4th service station to make the line move faster and shade tents to help protect you while you wait in line.
- Hold status - We fixed a glitch in our system that showed some holds were available before they reached the shelf. Now, you can pick up your holds as soon as you see that they’re ready.
- Make it fast - Bring your library card (or the card of the person you’re picking up for) to receive speedy service. No card? Use the digital library card in your Library App.
- Control your holds - If you’re going out of town or don’t want to receive a book at this time, don’t forget to freeze your holds.
- Arlington Wireless - Use the free Wi-Fi while waiting in line for your hold.
We're Constantly Impressed By How Much Arlington Loves To Read!
The ten most popular holds placed in the last 30 days are:
- “Too Much and Never Enough” by Mary L. Trump
- “How to Be an Antiracist” by Ibram X. Kendi
- “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett
- "The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir" by John Bolton
- "Make Russia Great Again" by Christopher Buckley
- "Sex and Vanity" by Kevin Kwan
- "White Fragility" by Robin DiAngelo
- "The Guest List" by Lucy Foley
- "Friends and Strangers" by Courtney J. Sullivan
- "The Splendid and the Vile" by Erik Larson