- Tuesday to Thursday: 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Express Libraries look very different — available services, visit length and capacity will be limited and safety protocols will apply.
Before You Visit
- Review the FAQs and safety protocols on this page.
- Pay fines of $15 or over on your Library account, as fine payment is not available at self-check.
- For low-contact self-check, download the Arlington Public Library App and scan your digital library card at checkout.
- Update your username for easier holds pickup.
- Review your library account contact information, including your notification preferences.
- If you haven't used your library card since before June 2020, update your PIN to a new password.
- If you signed up for a card online and this will be your first visit to the library, bring ID and proof of address with you so staff can verify your account. You will not be able to use self-check until your account has been verified.
- Check the online catalog for availability and location/call number of items you are interested in.
When you place items on hold you will now see the option to choose Shirlington or Westover as your holds pickup location. You can also change the pickup location of items currently on hold.
Holds at Express Libraries are self-service, shelved by username.
Holds are shelved by username. Your username can be used to log into your account in place of your library card number. If you have never selected a username, the default username on your account is your name: FirstMiddle.Last or First.Last.
Reasons to update your username:
- Patrons who have a common first name may wish to set a unique username to make self-service holds pickup easier.
- Patrons who prefer to keep their names private may set a username.
- Family members may choose similar usernames so their holds will be shelved close together.
Please note: Changes to usernames will not affect items currently ready for pickup.