Interior of the newly renovated Columbia Pike Library.
As we look towards summer, Arlington Public Library is preparing to increase in-person services and reopen additional Library branches in the coming months.
Based on the recently approved Arlington County FY22 Budget, the Library plans to expand open locations after July 1, as hiring and training of new staff allows.
The Library hopes to:
- Open Aurora Hills and the newly renovated Columbia Pike branches during July
- Open Cherrydale and Glencarlyn branches by Fall 2021, and sooner if possible
- Expand service models at Central Library, Shirlington and Westover branches
- Prioritize increased access to library collections, public computers and public space at all locations, with continued consideration for social-distancing
The Plaza branch will remain closed in preparation for a long-planned expansion and renovation.
Stay tuned for additional updates and specific dates for service changes as summer approaches.
Planning continues for socially-distanced outdoor Library programs this summer.
- Outdoor Storytimes will kick off May, 18 at Central Library.
- Mark your calendars for Summer Reading: Food for Thought, in partnership with the Washington Nationals, starting June 1.
- The Truck will continue to hit the road and be visible at community events.
Donations & Book Sales
The Library and the Friends of the Arlington Public Library (FOAL) cannot accept unsolicited donations at this time, as we do not have the space to store them or the staff available to sort them.
The Friends are doing limited FOAL member book donation events by appointment only. For more information, please follow the Friends on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, or contact them by email at email@example.com.
We can't wait to see you back at the Library, or at one of our outdoor programs!
As always, we value your feedback. Tell us what you think about our Library services. We will read and consider all comments.