Revisting "A Room with a View" with Kevin Kwan
Reminder: this is a spoiler-filled podcast. So if you’re not into that kind of thing, read the books first and come back later.
For this episode we read both the 1908 novel “A Room with a View,” by E.M. Forster, and Kevin Kwan’s 2020 novel “Sex and Vanity.” As foundational texts go, "A Room with a View" is an Edwardian era novel – there are trains, and horses and carriages – setting it later than our recent foundational texts. Reminder: this is a spoiler-filled podcast. So if you’re not into that kind of thing, read the book first and come back later.
Share your thoughts about this book, or anything else you’re reading, in our Facebook group, or on twitter using the #BigBookPodcast hashtag.
If you’d like to make a suggestion for future reading send us your recommendations on the Big Book Club Podcast page.
- “Sex and Vanity” by Kevin Kwan
- “Room with a View” by E.M. Forester
- Vague reference made to the steampunk WWI YA novel "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld
- Book list: I Like Big Books (and I cannot lie)
- Book list: For Fans of Yellowjackets
- Jennie – “The Eighth Life (for Brilka)” by Nino Haratischvili
- Pete – “Tinderbox: HBO's Ruthless Pursuit of New Frontiers” by James Miller and “Final Girl Support Group” by Grady Hendrix
*Note: this is a change from the original schedule; "Beowolf" and "The Merewife" will now be in May.