Central Library Adult Services is recruiting for a Temporary Library Associate for The Shop, our new Makerspace, to join our team. The incumbent must like detail-oriented work and be a team player. We value proven interpersonal skills and expect any team member to be a good oral and written communicator.
The Associate will be asked to maintain the safety of the lab/shop environment and of patrons; supervise patrons within The Shop during scheduled hours; be available to answer questions and enforce strict safety protocols; perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting tasks on computers and equipment; design and preparing pieces for Shop Class programming when needed using digital design software, The Shop equipment, and hand tools; keep records and reports on The Shop activities (usage, time, accidents, and related reports).
Minimum qualifications: Must have completed the requirements for a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and university. Must have at least 1 year of relevant experience. Must have thorough operational knowledge of personal computers.
Preferred qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, engineering or instructional technology
- Utilizing technology and delivering Maker services in a library setting
- Providing customer service to a diverse population, especially in the area of technology
- Operational knowledge of maker equipment including but not limited to 3D printers, laser cutters, sewing machines
- Experience with audiovisual digitization equipment and audiovisual materials handling
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
This is a part-time temporary position. Temporary employees who work ten or more hours per week receive sick leave, but do not receive other paid leave or benefits.