In July, patrons placed over 50,00 items on hold for pickup. Due to the increased demand for holds and in order to provide a safe, contact-less holds-pickup service, patrons will experience longer than usual wait times for holds to come ready.
How do you know when your hold is ready?
- You will receive a holds pick-up notice by email or text.
- You can also track the status of your holds in your library account online or in the Library App.
How long should you expect to wait for your holds to come ready?
- Wait times for items showing in the catalog as “available” will vary but may take several weeks to fulfill.
- Wait times for items with waiting lists are longer than usual as returned items must be quarantined for 72 hours.
What can you do to help?
- Pick up your holds as soon as you are able, to help make room on the shelves for new holds.
- Freeze or cancel any holds you are not interested in receiving before they come ready.
We are continually evaluating workflows to improve hold wait times. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to keep Arlington reading!
Arlington Public Library