A Great Way to Explore Virginia's State Parks
Studying nature can be as simple as spending time outside and observing what is happening in the air, on the ground and in waterways.
Each Nature Backpack includes:
- Parking pass for free parking/entrance to all Virginia State Parks
- Pocket Naturalist Guides to: Bugs & Slugs, Animal Tracks, Virginia Birds, Mammals, Virginia Trees & Wildflowers
- Port-A-Bug Field Observation container
- Dip net for catching fish or butterflies
- Magnifying lens
- Big Foot "Leave No Trace" ethics card
- Activities suggestions
How It Works
Where do you get Nature Backpacks?
- Nature Backpacks are available in person at the Central Library Youth Services desk and at Branch Service Desks.
- Or place a hold using the Library catalog.
How long do you check out a Nature Backpack?
- Nature Backpacks are checked out for one week.
- There are no renewals for Nature Backpacks.
Call 703-228-5946 or stop by the Central Library Youth Services Desk.