Get Creative or Discover New Skills with Adobe Software, Arduino, and More
To use the Central Library Design Station, please call 703-228-5959 during open hours to make a reservation.
- The Design Station can be reserved for a 2-hour block, with a 1 hour extension if no one is waiting.
- Reservations will be canceled after 5 minutes.
- Drop-in use reservations are welcome when available.
- An Arlington Public Library card is required to use all Library public computers.
- Work cannot be stored on the Library computers. Please bring your own storage device.
- Design Station software is self-serve – staff are not able to assist with the software.
Design Station Software
Adobe Creative Cloud 2015
- Premiere Pro with Media Encoder
- After Effects (with Character Animator), Animate, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Edge Animate, Extension Manager, Fireworks (CS6 2012), InCopy, Lightroom, Muse, Prelude, SpeedGrade
- Arduino software - the open-source Arduino Software (IDE) makes it easy to write code and upload it to Arduino boards which are able to read inputs - a light on a sensor, a finger on a button, or a Twitter message - and turn it into an output - activating a motor, turning on an LED, publishing something online.
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) - for photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
- Blender - 3-D creation suite that supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, as well as video editing and game creation.
- Scratch - program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
- SketchUp - 3-D modeling computer assistant design (CAD) for programming, diagramming, design development, detailing, documentation, and more.
Need Help Learning This Software?
Visit Lynda.com to access training courses and instructional videos for free with your library card and PIN.