Expand Your Reading Horizons
Let our new subscription service take you further - with new genres, subjects and voices.
How does the Read Outside the Lines subscription work?
- Every month, two adult books are placed on Central Library’s hold shelf for you to pick up.
- The books will be a surprise! Books are chosen by our biblio-experts, on that month’s topic. Topics cover a variety of genres, subjects and authors’ voices.
- You also get a monthly email full of further reading and resources, and even upcoming programs!
- If you are on the waiting list, you'll still get the monthly email.
- Don't have enough time to read more books? Just sign up for the monthly email!
Don't just read what everyone else is reading - dare to read outside the lines!
Subscribe to Read Outside the Lines
Sign up to try new genres, and explore literature from different cultures.
All new entries will be added to the waiting list.
Read Outside the LinesRegistration Form
"*" indicates required fields
The Fine Print
100 submissions will be randomly chosen to participate in Read Outside the Lines. All other submissions will be placed on a waiting list.
Read Outside the Lines will include print books in the Adult collection only.
- Waiting list members will receive the monthly email of further reading.
- Submissions received after December 13 will be automatically added to the waiting list.
Book Pick Up
- Book pick up will take place at Central Library.
- Titles will be placed on the hold shelf on Wednesdays, and must be picked up by the following Monday.
- If participants do not pick up their holds three times, they will be removed from the program, and their space filled from the waiting list.