Each residency is 2-3 months.
MIRs offer weekly office hours, during which time they:
- Work on their project publicly
- Answer questions
- Meet the Arlington Maker community
MIRs will plan and execute a project specifically for their residency.
- Maker projects can be electronics, open source, coding, 3D printing and design, crafts (DIY or upcycled) or small build/design projects.
- MIR projects are encouraged to combine different tools and technologies.
- MIR projects are limited to work that can be done inside Library noise and safety guidelines, using equipment that the Library owns.
MIRs will teach at least one workshop related to their project.
- Workshops guidelines TBD
How to Apply to be a Maker in Residence
Send your 500 word project proposal and a two sentence bio to: email@example.com