Between September and December, each MyBook participant will receive 5 books for their age range, and a bonus book in December.
- "Mommy’s Khimar" by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow, illustrated by Ebony Glenn
- "The Family Book/El Libro de la Familia" by Todd Parr
- "At the Beach" by Shira Evans
- "A Couch for Llama" by Leah Gilbert
- "Elephant and Piggie Biggie Vol. 1" by Mo Willems (combines "Today I Will Fly!," "Watch Me Throw the Ball!," "Can I Play Too?," the award-winning "Let's Go For a Drive!" and "I Really Like Slop!")
First Grade Books
- "Where’s Rodney?" by Carmen Bogan
- "What is Chasing Duck?" By Jan Thomas
- "Real Dragons" by Jennifer Szymanski
- Nino Wrestles the World by Yuyi Morales
- "Elephant and Piggie Biggie Vol 2" by Mo Willems (combines "I Am Going!," "We Are in a Book!," "I Broke My Trunk!," "Listen to My Trumpet!," and "I'm a Frog!"
Second Grade Books
By reading regularly with your child, you give them the biggest boost toward a successful education. MyBook provides every child who qualifies, in kindergarten through 2nd grade, with five free, carefully selected books to keep. If your child qualifies, all you have to do is sign up, pick up a new book each month, and read with your child!
The MyBook program is made possible by the Friends of the Arlington Public Library.