Submit a Program Proposal
If you are interested in presenting a program in partnership with the Library, please read through the following information and complete the form on the bottom of this page. Depending on the format and content of your program, the Library may agree to assist in promotion and marketing your program.
If you are interested in booking a Library meeting room for a self-run program, visit the Meeting Room page.
The Library presents thousands of programs per year which are free and open to the public, for patrons of all ages and a wide variety of interests, including:
- Author events*
- Other educational, recreational or cultural activities.
*Library-sponsored author events must relate to books in the Library’s circulating collection. To suggest that your book be added to the Library catalog, please review the Materials Selection Policy and submit a Materials Purchase Suggestion from your Library account. Authors whose work does not conform to these guidelines are welcome to book a meeting room on their own for a self-run program.
- All Library programs must be free and open to the public.
- Library sponsorship does not constitute an offer of monetary compensation.
- As with all Library volunteers, program presenters may be subject to a criminal background check.
Planning and publicity for Library programs is conducted on a quarterly basis. Program proposals must be received by the deadlines below to be considered for a specific programming window.
- October 15 - Deadline for programs taking place in December-February
- January 15 - Deadline for programs taking place in March-May
- April 15 - Deadline for programs taking place in June-August
- July 15 - Deadline for programs taking place in September-November
Due to the high volume of proposals we receive, we are not able to contact every applicant. A Library representative will contact you should your services be of interest to us.