At Library Events
For People With Hearing Aids:
- FM- Assistive Hearing Devices – Available for events at the Central Library and Shirlington Branch Library.
Please call or write one week in advance of a Library event with this, or any, special request:
- Phone: 703-228-5993
- Email: Jkarell@arlingtonva.us
While Using the Library
Available on Public Computers
- ZoomText Magnifier and Reader – All branches have at least one workstation equipped with ZoomText.
- Magnifier Software – Computers at all Library locations have magnification software to increase the size of screen displays. The magnifier software icon is on the desktop.
- Table Height – Fixed-height or adjustable-height tables that accommodate wheelchairs are available at Central Library, Aurora Hills Branch, Columbia Pike Branch, Plaza Branch, Shirlington Branch and Westover Branch Libraries.
- Advanced Reservations – Patrons with low vision or physical handicaps can reserve ADA workstations in advance by calling their preferred library location.
Desktop magnification systems (CCTV) – View documents or books in black and white with up to 60 times enlargement.
- Available at Central Library, Aurora Hills Branch, Columbia Pike Branch, Shirlington Branch and Westover Branch Libraries.
- Large Type book collections are available at all library locations except Plaza Branch and pop-up library locations.