A Free Service for Arlington Residents Who are Homebound
How It Works
- Books are sent to a registered user's home, by way of the U.S.Postal Service.
- Delivery and return postage are paid by the Library.
- The Library provides a pre-addressed pouch for return shipping.
- Delivery takes up to 1 week.
Who Can Register
- Arlington residents who are physically unable to visit the Library.
- Library patrons who live outside of Arlington should check with their regional library system.
Arlington patrons who have difficulty reading printed material are also encouraged to apply for our Talking Books service.
What Can Be Borrowed
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Large type books
Registered users may place holds on desired items through the online catalog, or by contacting the Books By Mail librarian.
- Complete this printable registration form and mail it (no postage necessary)
- OR complete this online registration form
With Questions or For More Information, Contact Jennifer Odlum:
Arlington Public Library is dedicated to ensuring that all Arlington residents can access the Library’s collection. If you or someone you know is unable to visit the Library, our Books by Mail service can help.