Borrowers must register at the Central Library Circulation Desk prior to borrowing tools.
- Verification of or creation of valid Arlington Public Library card with Arlington address. To obtain an APL card, bring driver’s license with current Arlington address or photo ID and one of the following: current lease/rental agreement (with patron's name listed as tenant), or current tax bill (in patron's name) identifying ownership of property in Arlington, or utility bill (in patron's name) dated within the last 30 days. Patrons who rent mailboxes must provide proof of residency or property ownership in Arlington before being granted borrowing privileges at The Shed.
- Signing of Waiver and Indemnification Form.
Waiver and Indemnification
The borrower acknowledges:
- He or she is capable of using the tool in a safe and proper manner.
- All tools and equipment lent by the Library are the property of the Arlington Public Library.
- The Library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed tools.
- If any borrowed tool becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, the borrower will immediately discontinue use of the tool and return it to The Shed.
- To return any borrowed item during Shed hours on or before the due date in the same condition (normal wear and tear excepted) as when it was borrowed.
- To pay for the loss of or damage to any tool on loan to him or her.
- The Library may replace severely delinquent tools and hold borrower responsible for the full replacement cost. Repeated failure to return tools on time may result in revocation of borrowing privileges. The Library reserves the right to limit the number of tools borrowed and to alter the maximum loan period.
- The Library will email notices 3 days before a tool is due and when it is 3 days overdue. Lost notices will be sent via U.S. mail after the tool is 28 days overdue. If the tools are not returned after the notice has been sent, appropriate steps will be taken to retrieve them, including by collection agency and/or legal action.
- The Library retains the right to refuse the loan of any item for failure to comply with any of the above rules and regulations, or for falsification of any information.