Open By Appointment
The Center for Local History's Reference Collection includes a wide range of valuable print and digital materials from different perspectives.
All items are available for public use by appointment.
The Reference Collection Includes
- Archival Records
- Rare Books
- Online Databases
- Subject Files
- Old County Directories including County, telephone and real estate directories
- Genealogical Materials
- Census (local microfilm reels)
- Family Histories (local)
- Court Records (local)
- PERSI (Periodical Source Index)
- Oral Histories - Interviews with knowledgeable residents, community activists, county officials, etc.
- Property Atlases
- Arlington area maps from 1600s to present
- Topographic maps
- Sanborn Insurance Maps of Arlington County
- Regional and state maps