|Books, Books+CDs||3 weeks||3||Yes||---|
|Grab & Go||2 weeks||---||No||---|
|Doll Kits||1 week||3||Yes||---|
|DIY Collection||2 weeks||3||Yes||---|
|Overdrive eBooks||Up to 3 weeks||1||Yes||---|
|Overdrive eAudiobooks||Up to 3 weeks||1||Yes||---|
|Overdrive Grab & Go||Up to 2 weeks||---||No||---|
|Flipster Digital Magazines||Up to 7 days||Yes||---||---|
|OverDrive Digital Magazines||Up to 3 weeks||Yes||---||---|
|Energy Lending Library|
|Electricity Usage Monitors||1 week||1||Yes||---|
|Thermal Cameras||1 week||1||Yes||---|
|LED Lightbulb Kit||1 week||1||Yes||---|
|Garden Tools||1 week||1||No||Maximum 5 at a time|
|Wireless Hotspots||1 week||---||Yes||Yes|
- Materials will be due one full loan period from the date of renewal.
- Items on hold for another borrower cannot be renewed.
- Physical items auto-renew for one borrowing period 3 days before their due date. Auto-renewal occurs three times, as long as items are not on hold for other patrons. Borrowers may opt out of auto-renewal in their library account.
- Return materials 24/7 in the book drop at any library location.
Lost and Damaged Materials
- Items that are overdue for 28 days or more are considered lost.
- Accounts with Lost items cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, or log in to online Research and Learning Tools.
- The cost of lost or damaged items is billed to your library account. This is not an overdue fine.
- Paid fees for lost materials will not be reimbursed if those materials are later recovered.
- The Library cannot accept replacement copies of lost materials in lieu of fees.
In person - Use cash or credit/debit at any open Library location.
Online - Log into your Library account and go to Fines and Messages.
By Mail - Send payment by check or money order (payable to Treasurer of Arlington County) and include library card number.
Address mail to:
1015 N. Quincy St
Arlington, VA 22201
Daily library overdue fees were eliminated in the FY21 Arlington County Budget. No new daily overdue fees will accrue after July 1, 2020. Overdue fees of $ .30 per day, with a maximum overdue fee of $9.00 per item, charged before July 1, 2020 will remain due on library accounts. Lost material fees and other service fees will still apply.
- Have lost library materials and/or an account balance of $15 or more
- Cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, or log in to premium sites
- Library accounts may be submitted to Unique National Collections, Inc. for recovery when they have a balance of $25.00 or more, and a non-negotiable service charge of $10.00 is added to the account.
- Accounts submitted to collections cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, log in to premium sites or use public computer stations
- Accounts with balances higher than $1000 in outstanding material or monies owing are submitted to the Arlington County Treasurer's Department for recovery.