Loan Periods, Renewals, Restrictions
Daily library overdue fees were eliminated in the FY21 Arlington County Budget. No new daily overdue fees will accrue after July 1, 2020. Overdue fees of $ .30 per day, with a maximum overdue fee of $9.00 per item, charged before July 1, 2020 will remain due on library accounts. Lost material fees and other service fees will still apply.
|Books, Books+CDs||3 weeks||3||Yes||---|
|Grab & Go (temporary status)||3 weeks||---||Yes||---|
|Doll Kits||CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE||---||Yes||---|
|Overdrive eBooks||Up to 3 weeks||---||Yes||---|
|Overdrive eAudiobooks||Up to 3 weeks||---||Yes||---|
|Overdrive Grab & Go||Up to 2 weeks||---||No||---|
|RBdigital eAudiobooks||Up to 3 weeks||---||Yes||---|
|RBdigital Digital Magazines||Keep them||---||No||---|
|Energy Lending Library|
|Electricity Usage Monitors||CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE||1||Yes||---|
|Thermal Cameras||CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE||1||Yes||---|
|LED Lightbulb Kit||CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE||1||Yes||---|
|Garden Tools||CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE||1||No||Maximum 5 at a time|
|Wireless Hotspots||1 week||1||Yes||Yes|
- Borrow materials with your Arlington Public Library Card
- Items marked in the Catalog for "In-Library Use Only" cannot be borrowed and are currently unavailable. Examples: Some reference materials and consumer research periodicals, and materials in the Center for Local History collection.
- Some items have additional borrowing restrictions. See individual item information pages for more details.
- Materials will be due one full loan period from the date of renewal.
- Items on hold for another borrower cannot be renewed.
- Physical items auto-renew for one borrowing period 3 days before their due date. Auto-renewal occurs twice, as long as items are not on hold for other patrons. Borrows may opt out of auto-renewal in their library account.
- Return materials 24/7 in the book drop at any of our locations except the Columbia Pike Branch, which is currently closed due to construction.
Lost and Damaged Materials
- Items that are overdue for 28 days or more are considered lost.
- Accounts with Lost items cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, or log in to online Research and Learning Tools.
- The cost of lost or damaged items is billed to your library account. This is not an overdue fine.
- Paid fees for lost materials will not be reimbursed if those materials are later recovered.
- The Library cannot accept replacement copies of lost materials in lieu of fees.
Mail - payment by check or money order to:
1015 N. Quincy St
Arlington, VA 22201
- Please include library card number with payment.
- Make check payable to Treasurer of Arlington County.
Phone - Make payments by phone at 703-228-5260, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Have lost library materials and/or an account balance of $15 or more
- Cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, or log in to premium sites
- Library accounts may be submitted to Unique National Collections, Inc. for recovery when they have a balance of $25.00 or more, and a non-negotiable service charge of $10.00 is added to the account.
- Accounts submitted to collections cannot borrow, renew, or place holds on materials, log in to premium sites or use public computer stations
- Accounts with balances higher than $1000 in outstanding material or monies owing are submitted to the Arlington County Treasurer's Department for recovery.