High Speed Internet Wherever You Need it, At Home Or On The Go
Need to do a web-based project in a space that isn't wired for internet? Borrow a mobile Hotspot - a portable device that provides unlimited high-speed internet through a fast, secure 3G, 4G or LTE data network.
How Library Hotspots Work
- Hotspots can be borrowed by any Arlington resident with a library card.
- You can connect up to three Wi-Fi enabled devices to a Hotspot at one time. This includes laptops, cellphones, tablets, gaming systems, printers and more.
- Each Hotspot comes with a case, charger and directions for use.
- Service is provided by T-Mobile; coverage includes anywhere in the United States that T-Mobile covers.
Borrowing and Holds
- Hotspots check out for 7 days (1 week)
- Borrowers must sign a Tool/Equipment Lending Library Waiver and Indemnification form (pdf) before checkout
- Holds can be placed on Hotspots in the Library catalog
- One Hotspot may be checked out per library card at a time
- Hotspots deactivate after 7 days
- No renewals
- Hotspots can be returned to any open Library location (the Columbia Pike Branch is currently closed for construction).
Fines and Fees
- Lost Hotspot charge - $50
- Lost cable charge - $10