Permanent Positions at the Library
Please see Arlington County Government Job Openings.
Temporary Positions at the Library
Nothing at this time.
The Library also offers free services for job seekers in the Community.
Why Choose Arlington County?
Arlington is a great place to live and work. Located across the Potomac River from the nation’s capital, the county offers access to world-class museums, theaters, restaurants, historic landmarks, sports, and more in an urban village of diverse neighborhoods. Served by 11 Metrorail stations and the Metrobus transit system, Arlington is convenient, accessible, and five minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
Work with other dedicated, skilled professionals in a highly educated community with a strong commitment to libraries. Arlington Library is committed to continuous learning. The department supports professional development and lifelong leaning at all staff levels. A departmental training coordinator develops department-specific classes and materials based on needs identified by staff. The coordinator also maintains an Intranet learning calendar that identifies County-sponsored classes, local training opportunities, and professional conferences and workshops of interest to staff.
Salary & Benefits
As an Employer of Choice, Arlington County offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package for full- and part-time permanent employees, including:
- Retirement program that includes a defined benefit plan, a 2% defined contribution plan, an optional 457 plan, and an optional deferred retirement option plan (DROP).
- 11 paid holidays, plus vacation, sick, and family sick leave.
- Excellent health and dental plans, including retiree medical and dental coverage.
- Alternative transportation programs, including subsidized mass transit and bike/walk benefits.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Continuous learning programs that include tuition reimbursement and educational leave.