Arlington County provides accommodations to individuals with disabilities upon request.
For Virtual Library Events
Please contact us at least five days in advance to discuss accommodations for online events.
- Phone: 703-228-5993
- Email: Jberg@arlingtonva.us
Please Note: The following services are currently unavailable due to COVID-19.
While Using the Library
- FM- Assistive Hearing Devices - Available for events at the Central Library and Shirlington Branch Library.
Available on Public Computers
- ZoomText Magnifier and Reader - All branches have at least one workstation equipped with ZoomText.
- Magnifier Software - Computers at all Library locations have magnification software to increase the size of screen displays. The magnifier software icon is on the desktop.
- Table Height - Fixed-height or adjustable-height tables that accommodate wheelchairs are available at Central Library, Aurora Hills Branch, Columbia Pike Branch, Plaza Branch, Shirlington Branch and Westover Branch Libraries.
- Advanced Reservations - Patrons with low vision or physical handicaps can reserve ADA workstations in advance by calling their preferred library location.
Desktop magnification systems (CCTV) - View documents or books in black and white with up to 60 times enlargement.
- Available at Central Library, Aurora Hills Branch, Columbia Pike Branch, Shirlington Branch and Westover Branch Libraries.
- Large Type book collections are available at all library locations except Plaza Branch and pop-up library locations.