Hands on Instruction
- Feb. 13 – The Latest Genealogy Tools Online: Genealogical research often requires travel. As fun as travel can be, genealogy work may now be done in front of your computer at home or in the library! This class explores Ancestry Library Edition and HeritageQuest, two premium sites/online databases included in the Library’s Research Portal. @ Central
- Feb. 13 – Finding the Books You Love – Online: Will cover web resources like Novelist, Twitter, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Worldcat, Goodreads, Books and Authors, and the account management tools on the Arlington Public Library website. @ Westover - Registration is requested.
- Feb. 27 – Introduction to Craigslist: Learn the ins and outs of this popular online classified message board: how to post items to sell, purchase items and communicate with sellers. @ Columbia Pike
Short Presentations Followed by Q&A Discussion
- Feb. 23 – Mobile Device Q&A Soup: Bring your mobile device—laptop, tablet, Smartphone, eReaders, etc. Presenter will answer questions to address your problems and challenges. @ Central
- Feb. 26 – Understanding Cloud Storage: A presentation on what it means to store data in, and access content from, the Internet “cloud” – which lives far from your computer and handheld devices. @ Central
One-on-One Tech Tutoring
Schedule a personal appointment with our tech-savvy staff
- Feb. 4 – Tech Tutoring at Aurora Hills: Schedule appointments by Jan. 30
- Feb. 11 – Tech Tutoring at Columbia Pike: Schedule appointments by Feb. 6
Learn more about Technology Training Classes at the Library.