If you install or update the Library App on a mobile device, you may see the JOIN OR LOGIN button in the upper right corner of the home screen.
This means you need to add a Library Account to the app before you can place holds, create lists, or do anything related to Library collections.
Tap the JOIN OR LOGIN button
Login: Add Your Library Account
- Enter your library card number or username. If you have never selected a username, the default username is your name: FirstMiddle.Last or First.Last (learn more).
- Enter you Library Account password (learn more).
- Choose a short nickname for your Library Account (this is just for the app - try initials or abbreviations).
- Tap Add Account.
- If you get an error when adding your account, you can verify your login information by signing in to your Library Account through the web catalog.
If you don't have a library card tap the Register for a new Library Card link, which takes you to the online library card form.
Edit App Profile Settings
From the home screen, tap on your account icon to open your account panel.
My Account Information
From your Account panel, select My Account Information from the menu under the Checked Out / Holds / Overdue / Pickup Now display.
App Profile Settings
Tap EDIT to:
- Change your nickname
- Set default hold pickup location
- Set a profile picture from the images on your mobile device
Tap SAVE when done.
Important Note: About the Account Information Screen
Your account information on the lower part of this screen is for reference only. To edit, log into your account on a web browser or speak to Library staff.
Add Multiple Library Accounts
Two Ways to Add More Library Cards to Your App
- Use the + symbol to open the Add Library Account screen, and log in with additional accounts.
- Use the Manage Profile button to add, move or delete the Library Accounts managed on your app.
Manage Multiple Library Accounts
Tap Library Account icons to switch between accounts.
Use the gear icon or the Manage Profile button to go to the Add/Remove Accounts screen.
Add, Remove & Reorder Accounts in the App
This screen is only for organizing accounts managed on the app.
- Use the delete icon to the left of each Library Account to remove it from the app.
- Use the directional icon to the right of each Library Account to reorder the accounts in the app.
- Use the ADD ACCOUNT button to add additional accounts.
Use the Library App Feedback Form to send us questions and comments.
The Library App is a collaboration between the Arlington Public Library and Arlington’s Department of Technology Services.