Library Operations Updates
Read More, Wait Less
If it's on the shelf, you can check it out!
The new Grab & Go express book collection contains bestselling adult fiction and nonfiction, ready to be checked out immediately.
New titles will be added to the Grab & Go collection on a regular basis.
Where to Find Grab & Go Books
Look for the Grab & Go express book collection on designated shelves at Central Library and the Branch Libraries. There is no Grab & Go collection at the Connection: Crystal City Pop-Up Library.
You will also find Grab & Go copies of your favorite eAudiobooks and eBook titles in our Overdrive collection.
Don't see any Grab & Go titles on the Library shelf or in Overdrive? That means they are all checked out at the moment. But check again soon, as someone could finish and return one at anytime!
How does Grab & Go work?
14 Day Loan Period - Borrow Grab & Go titles for up to two weeks.
No Holds, No Renewals - Books cannot be renewed or placed on hold. They do not display in the library catalog.
Late Fines - $.30 a day.
Digital Readers - Electronic titles will return automatically after 2 weeks. If you don't see any Grab & Go titles in Overdrive, that means they are all checked out.
Done Reading? - Return your Grab & Go title for the next reader to discover!
As of July 1, 2019, the Library will automatically renew eligible materials checked out to library cardholders.
Renewal limits for eligible items have also increased to three (3) renewals.
All patrons are automatically enrolled; there is no need to sign up for this new service.
How do Automatic Renewals work?
- Any items on your account that are eligible for renewal will now auto-renew 3 days before their due date.
- Auto-renewal sets the new due date from the original due date. For example, items due July 1 will be renewed on June 28, and the new due date will be July 22 (for books and other 21-day materials) or July 8 (for DVDs and other 7-day materials).
- Courtesy notices will reflect which items in your account did or didn't auto-renew, and the corresponding due dates.
- You can still renew eligible items at any time via the app or website.
Items may not Auto-Renew if:
- The item does not allow renewals
- The item is part of the eCollection
- The item has a hold (another patron is waiting for it)
- The item has reached its renewal limit (3 renewals)
- Your card is expired
- You have fees of $15 or more on your account
- An overdue notice has been sent for one or more items currently checked out on your account
If items on your account cannot be renewed, you will receive a courtesy notice with due dates before those items are due.