Discoveries in the Stacks is the Westover Branch Library’s occasional exploration of our collection, delving into areas that you may not have visited yet.
This week we look at the 613 section of our books and DVD’s. There you will find all sorts of fitness activities.
- We all want Tank top Arms, Bikini Bellies and a Boy Shorts Bottom. Let Minna Lessig help you towards that end with her book that will tighten and tone your body in as little as 10 minutes of exercise a day. 613.7045 LESSI
- If that still seems like too much effort…how about just a walk? Leave behind your Couch Potato days and become the powerhouse walker you were born to be. Read Claire Walter’s Nordic Walking for great walking tips. 613.7176 WALTE
- Belly dance your way to a tighter tummy. Check out Kathy Smith’s DVD “Flex Appeal: Belly Dance Workout.” DVD 613.715 KATHY
- Or use some salsa music to burn off those extra calories. Crunch Gym released a DVD series called “Crunch Workout” and the Cardio Salso DVD is a great one to start with. DVD 613.71 CRUNC
- On the Ball Pilates Workout for beginners is a transformational way to improve posture and strengthen your core, with Lizbeth Garcia. Look for DVD 613.71 ONTHE
- Taebo Caridio will give you a high aerobic way to scuplt your body. Billy Blank gives you an active way to burn calories and fat. DVD613.71 TAEBO
- And, then, there is Yoga for the Rest of Us: Heart Healthy Yoga with Peggy Cappy. Learn several easy workouts, for both beginners and experts, that will help generate more flexibility, improved balance and stress management. DVD 613.7046 YOGAF
It’s never too late to get started.
See you next time in another part of the stacks!