Looking for something fun to do with your kids on a cold weekend? How about cooking together?
- Cook up an egg-citing meal straight out of Dr. Seuss with Green Eggs & Ham Cookbook. J641.5 BRENN
- …or conjure up a few of the dishes served at Hogwarts with the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. J641.5942 BUCHO
- Fans of the Food Network can try a recipe from Emeril’s There’s a Chef in My Family, J641.5 LAGAS; or Paula Deen’s My First Cookbook, J641.5 DEEN.
- Mollie Katzen, author of the classic Moosewood Cookbook, has written a series of children’s cookbooks. The recipes in Pretend Soup are paired with illustrated directions that can be “read” by pre-readers. J641.5 KATZE
- The Jumbo Vegetarian Cookbook is filled with scrumptious recipies, and child friendly directions. J641.5636 GILLI
- And, for an international flair try the Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbook series offering fare from dozens of countries from Cooking the Australian Way to Cooking the West African Way. Each book is interspersed with information about that particular country. The variety of country offerings are found in and around J641.5
These are just a few selections from our collection of children’s cookbooks.
Cook up a new family tradition on a chilly day, and make something delicious to eat with your family. We’ll see you next time in another part of the stacks!