Summer Storytimes Begin July 9
While you’re waiting for Summer storytimes to begin, visit our For Kids page and try these early-literacy activities:
- Read Mr. Gumpy’s Outing – then have a tea party with fruity flavored iced tea.
- Play I Spy with rhyming words – “I spy something that rhymes with BAT.”
- Make sand letters – when you go to the beach.
- Keep books and CDs in the car – Great for running errands!
- Leave a few words out when you sing a favorite song – Then ask your child to remember the missing words.
- Sing nursery songs and rhymes to your baby.
Early literacy is what children learn about reading and writing before they can actually read or write.
Summer Reading sign-up starts June 2 – check back soon for all the details!