Whether you love romance or just being awesome, we’ve got a Valentine’s Day program for you:
- Make a Valentine – Wednesday, Feb. 11, 4 – 5 p.m. at the Aurora Hills Branch Library – Get in on the Valentine’s Day crafting fun after school with Ms. Kim.
For Tweens and Teens
- Valentines Day Party for Nerdfighters – Saturday, Feb. 14, 2 – 4 p.m. at Central Library – Raffles, cookies, giant poetry, button-making.
- Meet the Artists: “Women of Uncertain Age” – Sunday, Feb. 8, 3 – 4 p.m. at the Columbia Pike Branch Library – Explore the ups and downs of dating as Phillipa Hughes and Karen Yankosky, two 40-something divorced and single women, share the sometimes baffling, often amusing world of online dating and relationships.
- Love Fiction and the Healthy Heart – Tuesday, Feb. 10, 7 – 8 p.m. at the Columbia Pike Branch Library – A Learn from Your Neighbor series presentation and discussion of three books: “Chocolat“ by Joanne Harris, “Though Mountains Fall” by Dale Cramer, and “The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself ” by Michael Singer
- Beefcakes and Cupcakes – Wednesday, Feb. 11, 7 – 8 p.m. at the Shirlington Branch Library – Bring in your already-read romance novels, and swap them for new-to-you books – then decorate and eat delicious cupcakes.
- Online Dating: Tech Class – Wednesday, Feb. 25, 7 – 8 p.m. at the Columbia Pike Branch Library – Get an overview of free and fee-based online dating sites. Ages 18+ only.
- Films of Modern Love – Thursdays at 3 p.m. at the Columbia Pike Branch Library – February’s movies matinees take on divorce, virtual reality, fictional dream girls and, of course, love.
Just For Seniors
- Online Dating for Seniors: Tech Class – Wednesday, Feb. 18, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Aurora Hills Branch Library – Learn about the best wording for profiles, taking selfies, different site options, and safety.
Online With Your Library Card
- Mango Languages Minicourses – Get a free crash course in pick-up lines, flirty phrases and romantic confessions in Spanish, Italian, French and Brazilian Portuguese from Mango Languages.