Aurora Hills Reader’s Share Their Favorites
After a year of book club meetings, the Aurora Hills Readers picked their favorite books, and favorite discussions:
- First Place – “Interpreter of Maladies,” a collection for short stories by author Jhumpa Lahiri.
- Close Second – “Half of a Yellow Sun” by Arlington Reads Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Third Place – A tie between “The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession” by David Grann, and Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice.”
Other title that made their list were:
- “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter” by Carson McCullers
- “One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd” by Jim Fergus
- “Honolulu: A Novel” by Alan Brennert
The group is taking a break for August, but everyone is invited to join them at the Aurora Hills Branch Library on Thursday, Sept. 10, 7:00 p.m., when they will be discussing “Americanah” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
We welcome new members who love to read and talk about books!