Do you love reading? Not so sure about running?
The Cherrydale Branch Library and DC Road Runners want to help you love both, by giving you the physical and mental preparation to run a 5K.
Our goal is participation in the DC Road Runners Club Bluemont 5K, which takes place on July 20, 2016.
The 9 week Reading and Running program is FREE, and will include:
- Group walks/runs – Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. at Cherrydale, beginning May 17
- Complete training plan and tips – Provided by Road Runners Club of America certified coaches
- Seminars and discussions – On nutrition and physical activity
- Reading – List of books to keep you in the running mood
- Motivation – Inspiration and camaraderie found only in a training group
If you’re a healthy adult looking to safely build your fitness from walking to running, this program has what you need.
Register Now for Reading and Running
NOTE: Registration for Reading and Running does NOT include the $10 registration / fee for the DC Road Runners Club, Bluemont 5K. REGISTER online for the Bluemont 5K.
Note: Please check with your doctor before starting any physical activity.