Transition to Phase Two
We are preparing to move the bulk of construction work to the second floor, while continuing to put finishing touches on the first floor.
- On June 5-6, the public computers will be temporarily unavailable.
- As of June 7, we will have a reduced number of computers available for use at Central Library until Phase Two is completed in the fall.
During this time, we recommend visiting other Library locations if you need to use a computer for an extended period of time.
Once Phase Two construction begins:
- The two small meeting rooms on the second floor will be unavailable.
- The new meeting spaces on the first floor will open for public use.
Holds, Bookstore and New Books
During Phase Two, the Friends of the Arlington Public Library retail space, the New Books area, and the Holds Shelves will all be relocated.
Phase Two Includes
- New multi-purpose technology and maker lab equipped with a tool and storage room, work benches, design areas and computer stations on the 2nd floor
- Redesigned public PC stations
The completion of Phase Two is currently set for early August 2018. Dates are subject to change based on construction schedules. We will update this information as soon as possible if there are any changes.
Please continue to check the Library website and app for more information.